Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yelawolf

Yelawolf Frustrated With Interscope
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''My Situation Is Not What It's Supposed To Be''
6:00AM ET July 17th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company
Yelawolf Frustrated With InterscopeRapper Yelawolf isn't happy with his label situation. The Shady 2.0 emcee discussed his frustration with Interscope in an interview with DJ Skee. Yela also made sure to let young artists know that major labels aren't necessary for success.
"You don't really f*ckin' need a label anymore; you don't need a major label, you don't need none of that sh*t," Yelawolf explained. "If they're not absolutely working as a promotional company, as an engine to promote your music every single f*ckin' day…when you sign a contract, you better be damn sure that they have obligations to work your sh*t. A lot of nonsense comes with it; I wish I could say that I'm happy with my situation, but I'm not. I'm just putting it out there, that's my job…I don't have anything personal against Interscope or anyone up there, but my situation is not what it's supposed to be."
He also talked about his collaborations with Travis Barker and Big K.R.I.T.
"I did a five-song EP with Travis Barker called 'Psycho White,'" he said. "We got together on this, just him and I, [and it was] just a meeting of the minds on these five records. [It features] Tim Armstrong from Rancid on one of the records… [it's like] a reggae-punk vibe on that record. Up next after the dust settles off of 'Heart of Dixie,' we're dropping 'Trunk Muzik Returns.'"
"The Big K.R.I.T. collabo 'Country Cousins,' yeah, it's definitely coming. I can't tell you when, but me an K.R.I.T. are going to make that happen for the fans. Everybody's asking about it, I think it's inevitable. It's going down…it's gonna be special."

No comments:

Post a Comment