Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Prodigy

Prodigy Talks About Prison Term
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''I'm So Glad I Got Locked Up''
8:30PM ET July 16th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company
Prodigy Talks About Prison TermMobb Deep's Prodigy spent three years in prison before his release in 2011, and the Queensbridge native says that his incarceration was more of a blessing than a curse. P told Good*Fella Media that he needed a wake-up call and prison gave him one.
“I was a f**ked up individual going into jail," he said. "I was trying to change my ways and do certain things the right way, but I had like one foot in heaven and the other foot in hell. It don’t work like that, you gotta choose a side. You can’t be straddling the fence. You’ve got to choose a side, what side do you want to be on? I had to learn that. I was f**ked up, doing just foul sh*t. I didn’t give a f**k too much.“
"The sh*t I went through in my life made me a f**ked up individual," Prodigy explained. "I did foul sh*t that I would never do now. I look back and I’m like, damn, that was foul.”
"Just not caring, not giving a f**k, being selfish, just after the money and fame and jewelry and b*tches and just wilin’ and reputation," he shared. "Just all the wrong sh*t. I’m so glad I got locked up, because if I didn’t get locked up, I’d either be dead or locked up for life. Anything. Something bad would have happened. It wasn’t a bad thing for me to get locked up for three years. A slap on the wrist, 'go sit down n***a, you f**ked up.' If I didn’t get locked up, something really bad would have happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment