Popular Posts

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean Reacts To Industry Support
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''That Meant A Lot To Me''
8:30PM ET July 13th, 2012
Contributor : Rayna Dean
A Rocky Williform Company
Frank Ocean Reacts To Industry SupportFrank Ocean has received a lot of support from superstars across the music industry since he came out of the closet last week. The singer-songwriter, who's official studio debut album channel ORANGE debuted this week, shared his feelings on receiving such positive feedback from notables.
"That meant a lot to me. For someone like Jay-Z to say, 'Oh, I really like your sh*t,'" he said. "Beyoncé or Puff or Lil Wayne, who is one of my favorite MCs, these are people who I really respect. It's not about the money I'll make this year. It's not about as soon as I got offers for five, ten, fifteen thousand to go do shows. It's about getting a show ready and really doin' a show right, and doin' your best to just give your best. I'm not about to go and do every feature that comes forward. I think people in the urban music scene place too much of a premium on collaborations to begin with. That's the first thing. And second, I think that people shouldn't be on magazines that they wouldn't read and shouldn't really feature on songs that they wouldn't listen to if they weren't on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment