Friday, June 29, 2012

N.O.R.E

N.O.R.E. Discusses New Album
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''I Love What's Going On Right Now''
1:30PM ET June 29th, 2012
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company
N.O.R.E. Discusses New AlbumRapper N.O.R.E. previously announced that his forthcoming album would be called S.U.P.E.R.T.H.U.G., but the New York-born emcee has recently revealed that he has changed the project's name. He originally planned to release it in conjunction with a "Superthug" film, but the movie company didn't believe that the album should have the same title without including music from the film.
“I kinda agreed with them,” he said. “I felt I should hold it together but make it two separate entities. I said I’ll leave the movie ‘Super Thug.’”
“I thought long and hard, said I want to incorporate the new music and incorporate what I love from my era,” he explained, regarding his approach to the album. “You might hear a Jahlil Beats and the next beat is Pete Rock. You might hear a Dreddy beat and the next joint is produced by Primo [DJ Premier]. I’m not opposed to what’s going on right now. I love what’s going on right now. You might hear me with a Titty 2 Chainz on one record, then I might reach out to Large Professor. I was just thinking how do you enjoy the hip-hop you came from and say then say, ‘Look muthaf**ka, I know what’s going on’?”

No comments:

Post a Comment