Tuesday, June 26, 2012

8Ball

8Ball Defends Waka Flocka
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''All of That Is Necessary''
1:30PM ET June 26th, 2012
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company
8Ball Defends Waka FlockaDuring an interview with HipHopDX, southern rap veteran 8Ball was asked about the decline of lyricism in contemporary southern hip hop. The Memphis rhymer revealed that he understands why rappers like Waka Flocka Flame take the approach that they do, and said that he believes that that approach is a vital component to the genre.
"I’m not downplaying nobody when I say whatever I say, it’s just my opinion on what I feel that I’m doing and what the world is doing. But whatever these young cats wanna rap about, whatever kind of music they wanna make, it’s on them because that’s still the sh*t that’s shaping tomorrow," Ball said. "Like I said, it’s necessary. All of that is necessary. We wouldn’t have the Big K.R.I.T.’s and the Lupe Fiasco’s and the Kanye West’s if we didn’t have the Future’s and the Waka Flocka [Flame’s] and the cats like them."
"I been here for a while, and it’s all full circle, man. Cash Money and No Limit [Records] in the ‘90s were those cats that people were like, 'Why do people like these muthaf*ckas?'" he continued. "'All these n***as talk about is money. These n***as can’t rap.' And now look at what that spawned, a whole generation of [rappers with that hustler’s mentality]. These cats aren’t only just rappers; a lot of these dudes is businessmen too. And all of that spawned that."
"And I’m not dissin’ nobody when I talk like that, I’m just [telling the truth]," he says

No comments:

Post a Comment