Thursday, June 28, 2012

MGK

Machine Gun Kelly Hated "Invincible"
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''It Was Brought To Me By Corporate America...''
4:30PM ET June 28th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company
Machine Gun Kelly Hated "Invincible"Rapper Machine Gun Kelly may have scored a hit with his Ester Dean-assisted single "Invincible," but he revealed in a recent interview that he hated the song initially didn't want to record it at all.
“First off, I hated the song when I first did it because it was brought to me by corporate America,” Machine Gun Kelly revealed. “So basically Jimmy Iovine was like hey, first off they didn’t even come to me with the song, it was like a contest between the Interscope rappers like Yelawolf, Kendrick Lamar and myself, which I found out. It sucked and I hated it.”
“I don’t operate like that. I hate cookie cutter songs,” said Machine Gun Kelly. “You know like B.o.B with ‘Airplanes’ and the [Eminem] ‘Love the Way You Lie’ thing. You weren’t there making the song with each other in the studio. It was presented to you. I write all my hooks. So when I got this hook I was offended. 'You guys think I’m a cookie cutter artist. I don’t work like that.' And I’ve never talked to Ester Dean in my life. I’ve never talked to the producer who’s Alex Da Kid who makes those cookie cutter records.”
Kelly learned that people were being offered due to his refusal to record the song.
“We’re in Detroit they call, they booked a studio. You have to do this. You have, have to, have to, have to. Like people are getting fired. And people really were getting fired over it,” MGK explained. “Cause they’re like, ‘You can’t make this petty new artist on our label go do a song? And this is the boss asking for it?’”

No comments:

Post a Comment