Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mary J. Blige

Mary J. Blige Was Hurt Over Commercial
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''It Crushed Me For, Like, Two Days''
1:30PM ET June 28th, 2012
Contributor : Rayna Dean
A Rocky Williform Company
Mary J. Blige Was Hurt Over CommercialSoul superstar Mary J. Blige broke her silence regarding the controversial Burger King ad that debuted online in spring of 2012. The commercial was blasted by fans and bloggers for being stereotypical and offensive, and Blige said that she had no idea the public would react so harshly.
"I felt there was no need for me to say anything because everyone was running with it and crucifying me," she explained in an interview with Angie Martinez. "So I just pulled back and I watched everyone and everything. It's just something that I thought would have been great for my brand. ... It just broke my heart. People were going crazy. What this did, it exposed everyone and everything that was in my life."
"I wanted to crawl under the bed," she added. "It was a mistake, but I did it because I thought it was something that wouldn't come out like that. It was sold to us that I would be shot in an iconic way. I was looking for someone to have mercy, but no one had mercy. It was a learning experience. It hurt my feelings. It crushed me for, like, two days."

No comments:

Post a Comment