Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saigon

Saigon Clarifies His Statements
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''It Ain't Just Rick Ross''
6:00AM ET May 29th, 2012
Contributor : Stephen Willis
A Rocky Williform Company
Saigon Clarifies His StatementsSaigon has addressed the backlash and controversy surrounding statements he made last week regarding the current state of hip hop, star Rick Ross and his belief that certain artists have betrayed the Black community. Saigon clarified his position--but reiterated his criticism of the industry and some of the artists within it.
[See Saigon Discuss the State of Hip Hop HERE]
"This is no disrespect to Nicki Minaj or whateva, but it's the fact that it's so sad that in America, through Hip Hop - something we created through our struggle as Black people, my three-year-old daughter is inquisitive about what a 'menage' is or what it means," he says. "Because mainstream America is making a lot of money off of sellin' sex."
"I don't know him-know him, but me and him have a rapport," Sai said of his relationship with Ross.
"So I went on Twitter and I @'ed him; I don't ever @ nobody," he continued. "I said, 'Look man, I got nothin' but respect for you. Do you. Feed your family. But I'm in my lane, so I gotta do what I gotta do regardless.'"
"It ain't just Rick Ross, first of all. It ain't even Rick Ross; Rick Ross is an artist," he said. "It's [Chairman and CEO of Sony Entertainment] Doug Morris. It's Universal Records. It's Sony Records. It's Radio One. It's Clear Channel. These [artists are] pawns. These people is pawns to the same people who enslaved us."
"The people goin' against me right now more than anybody are my own people," Saigon said. "Everybody else knows I'm right."

No comments:

Post a Comment