Wednesday, May 30, 2012

G Dep

GQ Editor Discusses G. Dep Case
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''It's A Heavy Feeling''
4:00PM ET May 30th, 2012
Contributor : Stephen Willis
A Rocky Williform Company
GQ Editor Discusses G. Dep CaseJim Nelson, editor-in-chief of GQ magazine, served on the jury that convicted rapper G. Dep for murder after the troubled former star confessed to shooting a man in 1993.
“I said a prayer to baby Jesus the night before, asking him to please use his baby Jesus powers and to please Lord not let them pick me like they always do," Nelson said of his unwillingness to serve jury duty.
Nelson also discussed the verdict and the aftermath, but praised G. Dep for his courage in a very difficult situation.
“We found him guilty, because he was, and no one’s excusing anything,” Nelson wrote. “Still it’s a heavy feeling: I helped put him away, and yet when I think of someone who did his duty, I think of Trevell Coleman."

No comments:

Post a Comment