Popular Posts

Monday, May 21, 2012

Iggy Azalea

Iggy Azalea Explains Label Situation
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''I Wasn't Dropped By Interscope''
3:30PM ET May 19th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company
Iggy Azalea Explains Label SituationIggy Azalea's label situation has been the source of some confusion. The Australian rapper announced in January that she'd joined Interscope Records. Shortly thereafter, it was revealed that she was affiliated with T.I. and Grand Hustle Records. Recently, Tip said that Iggy was not signed to Interscope and was a 'free agent.'
Iggy addressed the confusion after performing at SOBs in New York City this week.
"I wasn't dropped by Interscope," Iggy told XXL. "I'm still managed by [Interscope], but when T.I. came on board and it became a Grand Hustle thing. We were working on restructuring and we worked down to the final deal. There's things that change when other people get involved. For me, I choose my involvement with Tip because that's my family over other things, so I'm thankful that I have him and he can kinda get me out of that situation; now it's just strictly Grand Hustle."
"This has been this way for about two months now," she added. "Me or Interscope didn't really feel it was necessary to speak on it because we have a great relationship still. Everyone in that building is my friend and there's a mutual respect there and nobody wants to do anything that makes anyone feel uncomfortable about anything else. There's no bad blood between me and Interscope of course, they still manage me. So they play a big part in my career; but I can't sign something that I don't feel, you know, is 100% right. So I did what was best for me and they did what was best for them business-wise."

No comments:

Post a Comment