Popular Posts

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Waka Flocka

Waka Flocka Defends His Lyrics?
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''Throw It In Their Faces...''
9:00PM ET June 15th, 2012
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company
Waka Flocka Defends His Lyrics?Waka Flocka has never been praised for lyrical skill.
Well, let's be honest--critics constantly blast the Atlanta rapper for having no lyrical skills to speak of. But Waka says that he takes it in stride and his music is more about his emotional release than technique.
"People say, 'You don’t have lyrics,' so I’m just like, 'Lord knows Waka can’t rap'...I'm being sarcastic...throw it in their faces," he told Fader in an interview. "I really don’t have an answer for them. I’m doing Waka’s music. My music is different. It don’t sound like a typical rapper’s music...sometimes I’ll go two weeks and won’t record sh*t, cause I don’t feel it. But another week I might go do 10-12 songs."
"It’s a mood," he added. "If you’re happy as sh*t you can just rap about whatever cause you’re happy as sh*t. The best times for me to rap are when I’m happy and mad. When I’m depressed and sh*t, I don’t too much like rapping. When I’m happy and mad, I love it. Sometimes I verbally release my stress and it backfires on me, because sometimes I don’t express how I really feel. Since I was young it’s been hard to express how I feel, I really don’t like talking about problems. But now, I don’t have to deal with ultimate lame sh*t. I made my mark, so I can be around what I want to be around."

No comments:

Post a Comment