Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stalley

Stalley Defends Outburst
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''I Put Blood, Sweat & Tears Into My Music''
8:30PM ET June 18th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company
Stalley Defends OutburstRapper Stalley spoke on his recent Twitter outburst. He previously vented on the site about the lack of public interest in his video--compared to the rampant discussion surrounding recently released videos by Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music camp and Hit Boy.
"Somebody can put out a video and it is just a regular song but with Twitter it becomes this big thing that, if Twitter weren't around, we wouldn't be talking about at all," he said.
"Hypothetically speaking, Kanye puts out a song," he continued. "And Kanye is popular on Twitter, he's in that social media world, and somebody who might not spend as much time in that world gets overlooked. Someone else doesn't get the same recognition, because he's not keeping his name in peoples' mouths. And it hurts. Part of the rap world is stuck being cheerleaders and fans. It is like high school, and people want to be part of the popular clique. I know Kanye is passionate about his work, and I am, too. I put blood, sweat and tears into my music. That is all I was trying to express."

No comments:

Post a Comment