Popular Posts

Thursday, June 7, 2012

DJ Premier

DJ Premier Discusses Nas Album
share on gplusshare on facebookshare on twitter

''We Were Trading Beats''
4:30PM ET June 7th, 2012
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company
DJ Premier Discusses Nas AlbumDJ Premier has produced some of the most acclaimed tracks of Nas' career. As the Queensbridge rapper readies his latest album Life Is Good for release, Primo explained how and why he wanted to work on the project with Nas.
"I told Nas that I wanna be on Life Is Good, and I’ve been deejaying for him lately on his Illmatic Tour," Primo explained. "I was like, "Yo. I wanna get on Life Is Good. I got some joints," and I gave ‘em to him when we were doing the Regeneration thing with the Berklee Orchestra. He came to the studio and we were trading beats."
"He took some but he was like, 'Yo, this album is almost like a Here, My Dear album,' like Marvin Gaye did for his ex-wife," Premier continued. "So I was like, 'You know what? If it doesn’t fit that, then it doesn’t fit it. I’ll wait until we do our album,' and he said, 'Wait, let me get through this and put this one out, we’ll start very soon this year.' So… He’s said that before but I think this time it’s going down because there’s been more involvement with management and planning it out on how to do it. I’m take his word for it that it’s gonna start this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment